Saint Barbara’s Church is the parish church of Earlsdon, in Coventry. It is a warm and welcoming community, where people of every generation mix and enjoy being together.
Our services have great variety, from the quiet, meditative services of our weekly 8am communion and our monthly evening Soul Space services, to our sung, more traditional morning services led by our excellent choir, to our more ‘boisterous’ and inter-active monthly all-age services and Buzz at St B’s service.
Do come along and join us. We would love to get to know you.
A bit more background to St Barbara’s
St Barbara’s Church is located in Earlsdon, a suburb of Coventry, West Midlands, England. It is an active Anglican parish church in the deanery of Coventry South, the archdeaconry of Coventry, and the diocese of Coventry.
In 1922 Earlsdon became the independent Parish of St. Barbara in the Diocese of Coventry to become a parish in its own right. St Barbara’s Church is one of 5 Churches in the Earlsdon and Chapelfields area who are all members of the Ecumenical Group of Churches Together in Earlsdon & Chapelfields. (C.T.E.C.). The group was formed as a result of a covenanting of all of the churches together. The covenant is reviewed and renewed about every five years.
Our partners in C.T.E.C are:
- All Souls and Precious Blood Church
- Earlsdon Methodist Church
- Hearsall Baptist Church
- St Mary Magdalen (C. of E.) Church
The first St Barbara’s church was located in nearby Palmerston Road and by 1925 a need for a larger church was required due to a growing congregation. By 1930 sufficient sums of money had been raised for the purchase of land for the current church to be built thanks to Sir Alfred Herbert , the machine tool manufacturer amongst the many who gave generous contributions. The New Church was completed and on Saturday September 26th 1931 the New Church of St Barbara Earlsdon was consecrated.